Thursday, June 18, 2009

Influencing People

Weird couple of days that's had me reflecting on my connections, work and getting things done. Some basic observations on what seems to help get things done with people:
  • being helpful
  • being sensitive
  • being patient
  • being available
  • being clear
  • being proactive
  • being provocative
  • being firm
  • being a hardass
And some basic observations on what gets in the way with some people:
  • being clear
  • being firm
  • being a hardass
Clarity seems to scare some people all the time - and scares others mostly when it conflicts with their vision, goals and beliefs (duh).

That's when patience works well.

I've noticed that timing is everything and what's right always/usually/mostly becomes obvious over time.

No comments:

Leadership Smeadership

Okay. I know it’s a settings thing. Sometime, a long, long time ago – probably when leadership was being invented – I must have indicat...