For the past six months, Boardroom Metrics been working with and completing due diligence around a unique private business tool called Chairman's View.
Chairman's View is a software and industry data-based approach for assessing a private company's key value drivers, ranking them, quantifying their impact on the company's value and implementing plans for improving the highest priority drivers.
Here are some key elements of the Chairman's View approach:
- focus on value, not just profits: designed to ensure owners create strong options for sustaining and transferring their businesses - currently, three of four private businesses DO NOT SELL when they are put on the market
- outputs: include research-based quantitative ratings for 8 business drivers, 9 value drivers and almost 50 associated categories
- Value Dashboard: enables business owners to visualize company value, how key drivers are performing, and the impact on company value of making improvements to sub-performing drivers
- Performance Dashboard: enables business owners to visualize company operating data and the impact of making improvements to business drivers
- software-as-a-service: means Chairman's View is client-accessible and includes industry data, evaluation criteria, templates, dashboards, action plans and progress monitoring tools
- three phased approach - Phase 1 is the upfront driver and value assessment; Phase 2 is the improvement plan for the weakest value drivers; Phase 3 is transaction based - selling, merging, transferring or continuing to build value in the business based on the owners goals
- Phase 1 pricing: including full access to the tools, outputs and action plans is $20,000
Giving owners great options for their business - and frankly, seeing them get rich - has always been a primary driver of Boardroom Metrics. Therefore, I'm truly excited about Chairman's View because I believe it will significantly enhance business owners' perspective on value and how to maximize it.
Any private business owner or those advising private business owners - such as accountants, wealth advisors, insurance brokers, M&A specialists - will likely find that Chairman's View is a very helpful for discussions on succession planning, business sale or transfer.
This link to Slideshare provides more detail on the Boardroom Metrics Chairman's View offering.